Established in 1982, Halbren Homes / Atelier Developments is a Reigate based property developer that offers its clients an NHBC certified service of consultancy and project management. This begins with an initial client consultation to discuss design requirements, hand selecting the best architect(s) for the job through to local authority planning, budget control and finally bespoke property development and management.
Having lost faith in their current IT systems, Halbren Homes approached Sweethaven in November 2015, as a well-renowned IT services provider already working with numerous businesses in the area.
In addition to a complete IT system re-evaluation, Halbren Homes were in need of full consultation for and implementation of a total kit refresh, alongside on-going monthly support.
Having the constraints of a smaller office based in the prime-location of Reigate, one of the key considerations when approaching Sweethaven was the desire to consolidate their existing on premise IT infrastructure.
Upon completion of an initial half an hour telephone consultation, a full IT audit was carried out to evaluate current IT systems and to determine a plan of action within the context of Halbren Homes’ business goals and growth plans.
Following in-depth analysis, the subsequent course of action was decided upon:
- System consolidation and simplification
- Implementation of built-in redundancy & enhanced resiliency
- Rectification of underlying faults for optimal functionality
- To facilitate the above, the following solutions were consequently implemented:
- Server hardware consolidation into one box
- Built-in back-up and disaster recovery, with options for granular recovery
- Managed anti-virus
- Upgraded work stations and office apps
- Provision of on-going, proactive IT support
- Fujitsu TX2540 server running Windows Server 2012R2
- Hybrid Veeam & Cloud backup & DR solution
- Spamstore for anti-spam and 30 day mail failsafe
Halbren Homes now have an IT system that allows its team the flexibility to work wherever and whenever, thus enabling them to cope with the demands of tight project plans without downtime or delays. With Sweethaven’s proactive monitoring, they can be confident in their system reliability and, moreover, have a simple and scalable IT network than can grow in alignment with the company’s development plans.